In accordance with the Education Act, the Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board formed an Audit Committee in March, 2011. The Audit Committee comprises two elected Trustees (4 year term) and two external volunteer members (3 year term). The role of the Audit Committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its responsibilities related to governance and oversight.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee include:
- Review the financial management of the Board and its financial reporting processes;
- Review the overall effectiveness of the Board’s internal controls;
- Review the performance and effectiveness of the Board’s internal auditors;
- Review the independence and performance of the Board’s external auditors;
- Review the effectiveness of the Board’s system for monitoring compliance with legislative requirements and with the Board’s policies and procedures; and
- Review and assess the Board’s policies with respect to risk management.
Audit Committee Membership
- Amy Cronin, Trustee and Chair of the Audit Committee
- Tina Doherty, Trustee
- Denise Feeney, External Volunteer Member
- Tyler Canal, External Volunteer Member