The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee (CPIC) is an important advisory body that operates as a direct link between parents, the Director of Education and the Board of Trustees. Whereas Catholic School Advisory Councils (CSAC) focus on the local school and community, the Catholic Parent Involvement Committee is a Statutory Committee of the Board of Trustees and participates at the board level with a focus on things that affect more than one school.
In the 2005, the Ministry of Education established a Parent Engagement Office (PEO) to help develop and implement parent engagement initiatives across the province in support of student achievement and well-being. The government currently provides boards with $5,000 annual base funding and 17 cents per student to fund our Catholic Parent Involvement Committee, as well as an additional $500 per school council to support parent engagement activities.
Catholic Parent Involvement Committee Members:
- Dawne Boersen, Superintendent of Education
- Mike Miller, Trustee
- Julie White, Jeanne Sauve School (Stratford)
- Scott Bell, Jeanne Sauve School (Stratford)
- Mary Adele Davies, Sacred Heart School (Wingham)
- Sheri deBoer, Sacred Heart School (Wingham)
- Tony Pereira, St. Patrick’s/St. Columban School (Dublin)
- Jan VandenHengel, St. James School (Seaforth)
- Kelly Schultz, St. Joseph’s School (Stratford) – Chair
- Diane Cheslock-Robinson, St. Mary’s School (Goderich)
- Derek Mendez, St. Mary’s School (Listowel)
- Jill Wagemans, St. Mary’s School (Listowel)
- Cathy Schuster, St. Michael CSS (Stratford)