Secondary School Chaplaincy
One of the great benefits your child receives by attending a Catholic secondary school is that chaplaincy services are available on site throughout the school year. Our secondary schools have a chaplaincy team leader to serve the spiritual needs of students and staff.
What is Chaplaincy?School chaplaincy is a work of pastoral ministry carried out within the school community. Our chaplaincy team leaders have been given the responsibility of providing spiritual care and supporting faith life for both students and staff. They spread the word of God and promote our Catholic teachings within the school setting.
Promoting Spiritual DevelopmentOur chaplaincy team leaders coordinate a wide range of activities that serve to promote the spiritual development of members of the school community. Some examples include:
- Preparing and leading prayer in the school
- Preparing for the observation and celebration of the special seasons and feasts that take place in our Church’s liturgical year
- Maintaining a link with the school’s local parish
- Overseeing the school’s retreat program
- Fostering an awareness of social justice and encouraging students to respond