Corporate Services

Finance and Business Services

Under the direction of the Superintendent of Business & Treasurer, the Finance Department is responsible for the development and administration of policies to provide financial resources to support student achievement.

The Finance Department consists of the following operating departments:

Finance & Budget

Finance and Budget is responsible for the preparation and administration of the annual school board budget, administration of audited financial statements and government financial reporting.  Additionally this division manages short and long-term financing, banking services, and internal review of school funds.


Accounting is responsible for processing and payment of supplier invoices, payment requisitions and expense reports.  As well, accounting manages accounts receivable billing, cash receipts and deposits.  Accounting also prepares internal financial statements and external government reports.

Contact Information

Phone: 519-345-2440 ​    Fax: 519-345-2449

Superintendent of Business & Treasurer

Mary-Ellen Ducharme  Ext. 8065​

Executive Assistant – Superintendent of Business & Treasurer

Valerie Basler  Ext. 8056

Manager of Finance

Sarah Devereaux  Ext. 8067​

Finance Services Officer

Lisa Regier Ext. 8068​

Finance Services Officer

Christine Mills  Ext. 8066​

Accounts Payable

Charlene Overholt Ext. 8053​​


The Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board is proud to offer 19 beautifully maintained facilities consisting of 16 elementary schools, two secondary schools and one Catholic Education Centre.  Our sites are managed by the Facilities department, together with the support of our principals and dedicated custodial staff.

For inquires related to Facilities, please contact Anne Marie Nicholson, Manager of Plant & Assessment at (519) 345-2440 ext. 8069 or via e-mail at .


Huron-Perth Catholic ensures all staff and students have access to safe drinking water. To view Annual Reports related to O.Reg. 173/03, Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002 , please click below:
Waste Audits and Waste Reduction Plans are required for sites hosting a student population greater than 350. Please click below to review Annual Reports for all applicable sites:
To view our most current Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions report, please click the link below:
Energy reporting and conservation reporting helps public agencies to manage electricity use and costs, identify best practices and energy-saving opportunities, evaluate results by comparison across the province, assist in goal setting by providing benchmarks and measure improvement over time. To view our Energy Conservation Demand Management Plan, please click the link below:

Community Use of Schools


Imagine a school with an after-school youth drop-in centre, and community college courses for adults in the evenings. On weekends, it’s a place where community groups hold theatre performances, and Saturday afternoon basketball games. You’ve just imagined the contemporary school, and it’s being created across the province.


COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOLS is a Ministry of Education initiative which supports access to schools outside regular school hours, specifically for non-profit organizations.  
The Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board endorses and encourages the concept of comm unity use of schools.  Please refer to Board Policy 3E:13 , Authorization for Use of School Facilities , for a complete list of rules governing the use of school facilities and rate categories.


In addition to accepting the terms & conditions detailed in Board Policy 3E:13, Authorization for Use of School Facilities, all users must also acknowledge review and understanding of Board Policy 3D:17 , Concussion Management – A Protocol for Schools, and the guidelines which are listed as Appendices A-G .

Booking a space is easy.  Please click the link below for more information and to access our online booking software.

Community Use of Schools is returning in a limited capacity, starting with Reciprocal users, effective February 7, 2022. Rental spaces will be available to only one group per day. 

Access will be granted to Reciprocal groups only where:
‐ All participants have been fully vaccinated (each person aged 12+)
‐ All COVID attestation questions have been completed in the permit application

Access for all other groups will be reviewed at a later date.

How to Book a Facility

The Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board offers 19 facilities for use through an online booking system.  Renting a school is easy and can be done in a few simple steps:
  1. Create an Account – To book any facility within the Huron-Perth CDSB, an account must be created in our online database by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.  Account applications will be reviewed and approved by the Community Use of School Coordinator at the Board Office. Users must agree to the terms and conditions as set out in Board Policy 3E:13​​, Authorization for Use of School Facilities and Board Policy 3D:17​, Concussion Management; have a valid e-mail account that can send and receive account information; and provide a valid Certificate of Insurance with a minimum of $2 million liability coverage naming Huron-Perth CDSB as an additional insured.  Groups that cannot provide a Certificate of Insurance must purchase coverage through the HPCDBS Blanket Insurance based on the rating schedule provided by the Ontario School Board Insurance Exchange.   
  2. Apply to Rent a Facility – Rent a school facility using our easy online application system.  New users will need to create an account or if you are an existing user, you can ​simply login using your previously created account.  Follow the application wizard through the “Create a Permit” process.
  3. Approval – Once an application has been approved, a permit will be electronically issued.  You will need to check the approved dates listed on the permit as some may have been removed due to conflicts, which will appear in red on the booking listings.
For more information, please contact Valerie Basler at the Catholic Education Centre by calling 519-345-2440 ext. 8056.