Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism
HPCDSB Equity and Inclusive Education Action Plan (2021 – 2024)
The Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board recognizes that all people are created equal, in the image and likeness of God, each with inimitable, distinctive, diverse
characteristics deserving of dignity (Genesis: 1:27). The Board recognizes that any form of social or cultural discrimination is incompatible with Catholic moral
principles and is in violation of the Ontario Human Rights Code (the Code). We are committed to reviewing and monitoring our Huron-Perth Catholic District School
Board’s 2021-2024 Equity and Inclusive Action Plan to ensure that all of our community members and stakeholders feel welcomed, supported and have an authentic
sense of belonging within our Catholic School Community.
● The Board believes and works towards a collaborative culture where the collective capabilities and voices of all stakeholders are used to develop and implement equity and
inclusive education goals.
● The Board believes in a leadership philosophy that empowers and supports all stakeholders in our Catholic community to implement institutional practices and behaviours
that cultivate equity and inclusion.
● The Board is committed to improving student achievement and closing achievement gaps for students by identifying, addressing, and removing all barriers and forms of
● The Board recognizes the importance of student voice in all aspects of the planning and implementation of equitable and inclusive education.
● The Board recognizes that all curriculum, in both content and methodology, needs to honour our commitment to Catholic values and our respect for all students, regardless of
race and ethnicity, gender, place of origin, religion, cultural and linguistic background, social and economic status, sexual orientation, age, and ability/disability.
● Our Equity and Inclusive Action Plan 2021-2024 is a fluid and working document that is continually monitored to ensure that the action steps are implemented and that we
respond to the equity needs in our community as they emerge.